By J. F. Adams,G. C. Shepherd
Read or Download Algebraic Topology: A Student's Guide (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series) PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
This can be a revised variation of the ? rst printing which seemed in 2002. The ebook is predicated on lectures on the collage of Bergen, Norway. through the years those lectures have lined many various features and aspects of the fantastic ? eld of geometry. as a result it hasn't ever been attainable to offer a whole and ?
Construction on rudimentary wisdom of actual research, point-set topology, and uncomplicated algebra, simple Algebraic Topology offers lots of fabric for a two-semester path in algebraic topology. The ebook first introduces the required basic ideas, corresponding to relative homotopy, fibrations and cofibrations, class concept, cellphone complexes, and simplicial complexes.
This quantity comprises contributions via the most members of the 4th foreign Colloquium on Differential Geometry and its similar Fields (ICDG2014). those articles hide contemporary advancements and are dedicated often to the research of a few geometric buildings on manifolds and graphs. Readers will discover a wide evaluation of differential geometry and its dating to different fields in arithmetic and physics.
The 1st a part of the ebook stories pseudo-periodic maps of a closed floor of genus more than or equivalent to 2. This type of homeomorphisms used to be initially brought by means of J. Nielsen in 1944 as an extension of periodic maps. during this publication, the conjugacy sessions of the (chiral) pseudo-periodic mapping sessions are thoroughly labeled, and Nielsen's incomplete category is corrected.
- Machine Intelligence and Pattern Recognition
- Twistors in Mathematics and Physics (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Introduction to General Relativity and Cosmology (Essential Textbooks in Physics)
- Affine Flag Manifolds and Principal Bundles (Trends in Mathematics)
- Commutative Algebra: Recent Advances in Commutative Rings, Integer-Valued Polynomials, and Polynomial Functions
- Geometrie: Ein Lehrbuch für Mathematik- und Physikstudierende (vieweg studium; Aufbaukurs Mathematik) (German Edition)
Additional resources for Algebraic Topology: A Student's Guide (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)